* indicates a required field
Please enter your information
Your information will be forwarded to our DSIS office. After your information is reviewed by our DSIS staff, you will be contacted to schedule an orientation appointment with a DSIS Advisor.
Please note: HCC's campus is currently closed due to the coronavirus and is scheduled to reopen after May 16th. This date is subject to change. At this time DSIS will be working remotely and all orientation appointments will be scheduled through Microsoft Teams.
- The orientation appointment is about an hour and a half long (1.5 hours).
- Please upload your documentation below.
- Please keep a personal copy of all documentation you submit to DSIS.
- DSIS does not release copies of documentation back to students or send documentation to other institutions.
- Submission of this intake form does not mean that you are registered with Disability and Student Intervention Services (DSIS) or approved for accommodations. Students must complete orientation, submit documentation that meets our guidelines, and be approved for accommodations to be registered with DSIS.
Please click link below to review our documentation guidelines.
Harford Community College uses the ACCUPLACER™ battery of tests. This computer- adaptive test consists of Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills (Writing), and Math modules. Depending on your experience with Algebra, you may be given either or both of the Math modules. The test, although untimed, usually takes about 1 ½ hours to complete.
The ACCUPLACER™ test requires no real computer skill to complete. All questions are answered by simply clicking the mouse on the correct answer. Hand held calculators are not allowed. Test takers can access an on-screen calculator for certain math questions. Tests begin with sample questions designed to illustrate the types of test questions the examinee will see during the test.
Please use your college issued email address
Specific Accommodation Information
(During lecture, taking tests, studying and/or class participation)
If available, you may upload your supporting documentation below. (Please upload one document at a time by clicking on the Add Item button.)
Or, you may bring hard copies of your documentation to your appointment.
Please click the Submit button to send your request to our office.